Myshirtone – Yes I Am Mixed With Black Unapologetically Black Proud Black And Black Again Shirt

 For the last three years, I’ve played this song for people, and, you know, some people wouldn’t even call me back. The majority of people who weren’t Black were like, “This is really powerful, but I need to sit with it for a minute.” So it wasn’t like they didn’t appreciate the song, but they were trying to process what it was saying. It wasn’t until we were in a pandemic, seeing the horrible killings of Ahmaud Arbery and Breonna Taylor and George Floyd…I think it just caused everybody to stop and have no choice but to face it. I put the song on my Instagram as a way to be like, “Hey, I see you, I know what you’re going through” to the little bit of a following that I had, and it’s just gone from there. It’s insane to me that I had no plan, I had no marketing, anything, and it went from that to me being nominated for a Grammy, and then singing at the Grammys. My mind is blown.

Yes I Am Mixed With Black Unapologetically Black Proud Black And Black Again Shirt

What was it like to see the overwhelming reaction to “Black Like Me” this summer? Well, I wrote this song three years ago, because I was so hurt for Botham Jean. He was murdered in Dallas, Texas, which is my hometown, and to see something like that happen…I’ve seen police brutality happen to my own husband, who is Black, and I thought about my own experiences as a Black woman in America, and I wrote the song from that place. I never thought it would see the light of day. One of my co-writers was like, “You know, I think we just wrote one of the biggest songs of your career, and it’s going to make people very angry.” And I was just like, why? My story? Why would it make somebody angry? Why do you think it took so long for the song to find its moment?

Yes I Am Mixed With Black Unapologetically Black Proud Black And Black Again Shirt Hoodie

  1. https://lovingtees.com/myshirtone-lets-get-drunk-and-drive-the-golf-cart-vintage-shirt/
  2. https://canho-centara.com/myshirtone-jesus-its-not-religion-its-a-relationship-flower-heart-shirt/
  3. https://thamtubachtin.net/2021/05/27/myshirtone-je-suis-un-pap-pecheur-comme-un-papa-normal-mais-carrement-plus-cool-shirt/
  4. https://sohopremiersg.com/shirts/myshirtone-ive-been-called-a-lot-of-names-in-my-lifetime-but-papa-is-my-favorite-lion-shirt/
  5. https://thamtudoanhnghiep.com/hot-shirts/myshirtone-its-not-a-dad-bod-its-a-father-figure-vintage-shirt/

Nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến từ blog này

That’s what i do dance i drink wine and i know things flowers shirt

Lgbt their fight is our fight shirt

Michael scottie dennis the best triob chicago basketball legend shirt